Whiskey is the best drink in this world. But when mixed with other things, it tastes better than anything else. Whiskey lovers know how adventurous it is to be creative with whiskey. One thing about whiskey you need to know is you can prepare a mouthwatering cocktail with it. The world of whiskey is very vast, and exploring it sounds fun. All you need to do is take out your whiskey bottle from beer fridges and mix it with some other ingredients. If you have a bottle of whiskey in the pantry, then it is good news for you. You can make your favorite cocktail at home. Homemade whiskey cocktail tastes just like the ones you drink from posh restaurants. You can find many whiskey cocktail recipes on the internet. Choosing the best one is confusing for everyone. But before you start making whiskey cocktails, some knowledge is necessary. You should be aware of what you are making. You can make a bourbon cocktail, rye whiskey cocktail, Irish whiskey cocktail, or scotch whiskey cocktail according to your likings. But the recipe we will be sharing today is for whiskey sour. It is one of the best whiskey cocktails you can find. This drink is perfectly balanced, and it is easy to make. The best thing about this recipe is that you will not need any special tools, ingredients, or skills to make this drink. It has the perfect balance of sweet and tart. What you need to make this drink is some whiskey, maple syrup, and yourself. You can also call this drink bourbon sour, and it is one of the most special whiskeys in the world. The ingredients of this recipe make it unique, tasty, and appealing. Without any further ado, let’s discuss the recipe.
Name: Whiskey Sour
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- Orange peel and cocktail cherry
- Ice (for serving)
- At first, you need to take a cocktail shaker.
- Now, you need to gather all the required ingredients at your side. Pour bourbon whiskey, lemon juice, and syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- At the third step, you need to throw a handful amount of ice in the cocktail shaker.
- After mixing all the ingredients and ice, you need to shake it thoroughly.
- After mixing, now you need to take a glass in which you want to serve the whiskey. Know that the most appropriate glass will be an old-fashioned glass. You can also go for a lowball glass.
- Know that by opting for the right glass, you will present the whiskey in the right way.
- Pour the whiskey into the glass.
- After pouring the drink, cover the liquid with crushed ice.
- Now it is time to garnish the glass.
- Know that you cannot present this drunk without any garnishing. But the good bit is that any garnish will serve this drink well.
- In this recipe, I am going with a rounded orange peel. For the topping, I am opting for a fresh cherry.
- Do not limit yourself to the above garnishing. You can use lemon peel or slices too.