The Useful Tips, Features, and Benefits of a Bariatric Wheelchair
Do you experience any challenges with your wheelchair? Does it make you uncomfortable or cramped? A suitable wheelchair should not challenge your mobility. It would help if you got a bariatric wheelchair to eliminate all those problems and have better solutions.
This wheelchair has a design to give its user all the benefits offered by any conventional wheelchair. Apart from mobility, you have the guarantee of comfort and safety.
Healthy Benefits Of A Bariatric Wheelchair
- Mobility is an essential feature that brings about independence. As a user, you will be able to retain autonomy and movement. You will be able to leave home at your convenience, visit your friends and neighbors.
- As a user, you will eliminate the risk of being uncomfortable and compromising your safety. The bariatric wheelchair offers excellent mobility and social interaction. You will have a guarantee of good mental health and a high quality of life.
- As a user, you will enjoy mobility, increased comfort, and safety, especially for heavy users. The wheelchair has a comfortable design to improve usage and comfort. The design is well- thought for its structure and construction; it takes account of the weight and the size of the user.
- This great equipment brings security and comfort. The back chairs and seats offer extra reinforcement coupled with heavyweight vinyl and upholstery material. When it comes to size, they are more significant than the standard wheelchair. It provides excellent comfort and additional sitting position for the lower and upper back. The backrest and seats should be tilted to factor in the gravity of the individual and better support.
- The tilting feature is the best, since it helps users who suffer from cardiovascular and pulmonary issues. It helps them to maintain a position that will help with their breathing.
The Best and Attractive Features Of The Bariatric Wheelchair
- An excellent bariatric wheelchair is made from heavy-duty PVC or reinforced metal tubing.
- It should be able to accommodate users who are between 700 to 1000 pounds. It needs to be strong, since it will be taking you everywhere, to avoid the risk of breaking it and endangering yourself.
- The design, especially the leg and footrest, should be made to accommodate the significant users. When procuring a bariatric wheelchair, ensure that it is safe and comfortable in all the stages.
- In case you are looking for lighter chairs, ensure they are from lighter materials like aluminum. For the heavy-duty ones, they are made from steel to enhance resistance.
Who Should Use A Bariatric Wheelchair?
Are you more than 100 pounds and overweight? In case your BMI is over 30, the bariatric wheelchair is an excellent piece of equipment for your mobility needs. Below are some of the conditions you will need in a bariatric wheelchair:
- Cardiopulmonary disease
- Osteoarthritis of the lower extremities
- Cardiovascular disease
The wheelchair helps for severe muscle weakness from musculoskeletal and neuromuscular problems. Some of the conditions include multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, spinal cord injuries, and hunting disease. Most people who are overweight and have muscle weakness have higher health risks when they use a conventional wheelchair.
The good news is that a bariatric wheelchair helps to avoid such health challenges and other issues. It is an advisable option for heavier users who need safety and comfort and still enjoy independence and mobility. When choosing a bariatric wheelchair, ensure you know the type you want and the primary use. Make sure that you avoid any imbalance when using the wheelchair and that the weight is well distributed. When the minor elements are taken care of, you will avoid the issue of wear and tear.